Maryland Military Family Support
- USO Metro DC Website
- Fleet and Family Support Center Annapolis – (Good set of Family Services Links)
- VA Maryland Health Care System
- Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs
- Maryland National Guard
- Operation Home Front – DC-Maryland Chapter, supporting families left behind from a deployment
- Vets on the Bay – Provides recovering wounded warriors/veterans and families a day of relaxation on the Chesapeake.
- Operation Purple Camp – Free camp for youth 8-12 yrs of age, Patuxent River 4-H Center.
- Blue Star Mothers (Maryland Chapter 1) – Provides patriotic, educational, and social support service to the men and women of the armed forces, and their families
- Operation Home Base – Bob Davidson Ford Lincoln Mercury of Baltimore packages and ships donated goods to Maryland troops at Iraq, Afghanistan, and Guantanamo Bay.
- Wounded Warrior Mentor Program
Hotels/Vacation Resort Support:
- Operation Oasis Free: North East, MD, 1-800-234-2683
- Ranger Rosary – local organization that makes rosaries for the troops
- William III - generously provides coffee for the troops
- Hero Salute – Anheuser-Busch offers free tickets to all their parks for military personnel
- Sign A Rama in Columbia, MD – Makes complimentary banners for a
military family member returning from the war in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Call Betty at (410) 381-4324
- Faces of Valor USA, Annapolis, MD
Other Military Family Support
- Aberdeen Test Center – Aberdeen
- America Supports You
- America’s Littlest Heroes
- Andrews Air Force Base – Prince George’s County
- Fort Detrick – Frederick
- Fort George G. Meade– Anne Arundel County
- Homes for our Troops—New
- Iraq/Afghanistan Veterans Website
- Keep the Faith Foundation
- Mental Health Association of Montgomery County – Rockville
- National Fatherhood Initiative
- National Remember our Troops Campaign
- Operation Love (volunteer photographers)
- Patuxent River Naval Air Station– Lexington Park
- Sesame Street—Talk, Listen Connect
Support for Deployments, Homecomings and Changes
- U.S. Naval Surface Warfare Center– Indian Head
Other Welcome Home Efforts
Often, we have individuals that hear the applause, clapping, and “welcome home” shouts of joy as they visit the airport at Baltimore International. They come and see the commotion and often ask us if there is a group like OWH (MD) closer to where they live. Thus, we thought we would start collecting web sites to help those who are unable to come at our events due to distance. If you are aware of an organization who greets our returning Hero’s. at an airport, please contact OWH (MD) web master to be added to this list.